Converting is an essential process for flexographic printing. A standard label converting machinery setup may include a flexographic press and a rewinding/unwinding machine. Additional equipment like die cutters and foil stamps support the process, allowing for accurate and speedy handling of labels of varying sizes, layouts, and substrates without sacrificing quality.DABA Machinery provides various converting&finishing machine for label printing needs, offering favorable returns on your investment.
A label converting machine is a specialized piece of equipment used in the printing and labeling industry to convert raw materials, such as label stock or substrates, into finished labels. It is a comprehensive machine that combines various processes to transform the raw materials into fully functional and ready-to-use labels.
Label converting machines typically integrate multiple modules and stations, each dedicated to a specific task in the label production process.
These tasks may include:
1. Unwinding: The machine begins by unwinding the roll of raw material, which is usually a large roll of label stock or substrate. The unwinding process ensures a continuous supply of material for further processing.
2. Printing: Label converting machines often incorporate printing modules, such as flexographic or digital printing systems, to apply graphics, text, barcodes, or other required information onto the label material. The printing process can be performed in various colors and configurations, depending on the machine's capabilities.
3. Die Cutting: Die-cutting stations in label converting machines utilize specialized dies to cut the labels into specific shapes or patterns. This step allows for the creation of custom-shaped labels that fit the desired packaging or product design.
4. Waste Matrix Removal: After die cutting, the waste matrix—the excess material surrounding the labels—is removed. This step is crucial for separating the finished labels from the waste material, ensuring efficient production and minimizing material waste.
5. Rewinding: Once the labels are cut and the waste matrix is removed, the machine rewinds the finished labels onto new rolls. This rewinding process creates smaller rolls of labels that are ready for packaging, distribution, or further processing.
6. Optional Additional Processes: Depending on the machine's configuration and capabilities, label converting machines may include additional processes. These can include varnishing or laminating stations for adding protective coatings, foil stamping units for applying metallic or colored foils, or embossing stations for creating textured or raised elements on the labels.
Label converting machines are available in different sizes and configurations, ranging from compact desktop models to high-speed industrial systems. The specific features and capabilities of a label converting machine depend on the manufacturer, the intended production volume, and the complexity of the label designs being produced.
Copyright © 2022 Wenzhou Daba Machinery Co.,Ltd. All Rights Reserved.